Eliminate wasted staff efforts and let AutoStatus do the work. Your business office staff can spend a significant amount of their day updating the status of open medical claims to report back into patient accounting and billing systems—a manual process that is both time consuming and expensive. Let GAFFEY AutoStatus put an end to it.
GAFFEY AutoStatus interfaces with Medicare and insurance carriers to status electronic claims automatically. Once the claim status is retrieved, staff can review the AutoStatus dashboard to determine which claims are processed, adjudicated, or require further investigation/follow-up. Through GAFFEY AutoStatus, claims can be seamlessly reported back into your patient accounting and billing systems, resulting in superior efficiency and data quality.
- Average claim status takes approximately 4 minutes per claim manually; AutoStatus completely eliminates this time
- AutoStatus has over 300 payers mapped and has an easy routine to build specific payers for your organization
- Flexible schedule allows for client customization of AutoStatus retrieval
- Identifies denials and problem accounts earlier in the collection process, on average, 14 days or sooner than waiting for the 835 information
- AutoStatus is systematically mapped to the institutions standard collector codes and interfaces into the patient accounting and billing system
- Resolve potential denied claims and accelerate cash collection
- Reduced cost and increased productivity result in business office efficiency
- Improved data quality
- Decreased AR days